Friday, January 25, 2013

Who's story Are you tellin?

I want to get inside their heads... Figure out what makes this person or that person tick. Their name, why they combed their hair that way, why are they limping, are they conscience their black coat doesn't match the blue pants and brown shoes? Do they care?

The guy tapping his thumb and forefinger to the beat of his iPod; does he realize he does it? Does he want people to notice? I noticed.

How about the man next to me, works for US AIRWAYS, greying beard, drinks his coffee, and drags the open chair back a row to be closer to the window, but do exactly what I'm doing... People watching.

Cute butt walked by. We made eye contact. I perceived him as slightly smug. I bet he's really just shy and equally goofy. Maybe he's European. I like his suitcase. Why would a guy from Europe be meandering around terminal F. No one cares, but I noticed.

People like to be around people, talk to be people, be liked by people, but never seen people so purposefully distant. Except on an elevator. We cling to our cell phones, yet we all want to be accepted. Maybe we don't.

How about this guy to my right. Unhappy the shuttle was the better option over walking. Wasn't even wearing a coat, but forced to sit patiently.

I think we don't like these places because we don't have control. We don't have control of our environments, of the personalities around us, of our food options and the prices, availability of seating and outlets. We are in a borrowed space that we're paying for.

This guy is Russian. Oops I mean rushing. Maybe he's both. Don't know why though. No one here is going anywhere (context of rushing).

.::a far off britt::.

No comments:

Post a Comment